Monday, January 28, 2013

Crockpot Sausage Corn Chowder...with Kale.

The original recipe is from Paula Deen. I followed her recipe to the (T) but it needed something green! A family member made this soup for a wedding I attended and she also added Kale, but left out the sausage, it was FANTASTIC! I thought to myself if I added the Kale and Sausage, Im sure it would be out of this world! So here it is! YUMMO!! Right?!


Sausage Corn Chowder (derived from Paula Deen)

1 pound ground sausage ( I used Tennessee Pride)
4 large baking potatoes (cubed, unpeeled)
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
2 cans of Cream Corn
5 cups milk (I used 1%, recipe said Whole, it was fine)
1/2 bunch of chopped fresh Kale (stems removed)
Salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder (to taste)

Brown sausage in large frying pan, remove from heat, Add Kale to pan and cover. Chop potatoes and onion, add them to the Crockpot. Pour in milk and Cream Corn. Add meat and Kale. Add seasonings. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours. I put mine on at 3pm, so it would be ready for my husband when he got home at 7pm. :) ENJOY! 

I made chicken drum sticks on the side for my meat loving man! ;)

1 comment:

  1. tried this, it was great! used almond milk, and it was good.

    ReplyDelete