Monday, October 15, 2012

Christmas Yard Sign Tutorial

I've been working on a christmas yard sign, Similar to my Fall Yard signs. 

I picked up two pieces of wood from lowes. The horizontal parts were  2 x 6 boards. Had the hubby cut them  into 18 inches, I got 4 out of my 6 foot board. And for the posts I got a 1x6 piece. They were cut in half. 36 inches each. 


Here is my wood cut. I sanded each edge so it wasn't sharp or split.


I just used regular acrylic craft paint for the boards. And my foam brush!


Aren't they pretty!?


And Acrylic white for the posts. 


Of course I distressed the signs! 

I used my Cricut to cut out my lettering. I used the shiny vinyl, since its said to be more durable for outdoors. 

Then I screwed the pieces together, added some raffia and WA LA!






Love it! I will be straightening my boards before the Farmers Market this Saturday. I thought I would like them crooked, but after some other opinions, Im making them straight! :)


1 comment: